As Donna and I celebrate 15 years in business, we continue to look around and are sometimes overwhelmed by everything that has happened since the beginning of Heart of the Matter. We have met so many people that we would have never otherwise met. We have relationships that have continued beyond “business” relationships into lifelong friendships. We are so blessed. How can we spread this blessing beyond our business and beyond ourselves? We can look outward.
We put together a list of ideas of how to look beyond ourselves to the needs of those around us.
We challenge you to go through ideas from this list (or think of your own) and go ahead and pay it forward.
The first idea is something that we have done several times as a Heart of the Matter staff. We have had several staff meetings at either the New Hamburg or Baden Tim Horton’s. We purchased a gift card and then gave it back to the clerk to use until the gift card is empty! 🙂 It was so much fun to watch the reactions on the customers’ faces when they told them that their order is covered – an anonymous giver paid for their order!
1) Purchase a gift card at TIm Horton’s (similar to above).
2) Purge your book collection and give books to your local “little library” (personal wooden pop-up libraries that are at the end of someone’s driveway).
3) Write an encouragement note to your neighbour.
4) Find a purse you don’t use anymore and fill it with toiletries/personal care items and keep in your car to give to someone in need.
5) Go through your clothes and donate them to a local shelter.
6) Go to a local coffee shop and pay it forward/buy a drink for someone
7) Mow the lawn for someone.
8) Bake some cookies and send them to school with your child or take to work to bless your colleagues.
9) Buy some new pairs of socks and take them to a local homeless shelter.
10) Offer to watch someone’s children for an evening/afternoon so they can have a break/date night.
11) Make a meal for shut-in or a family with health issues, new baby, etc.
12) Buy flowers and give them to a stranger.
13) Buy some $5 gift cards for Tim Horton’s or a local coffee shop. Keep them handy and be ready to hand out to someone in need.
14) Offer to read to an elderly person.
15) Take balloons to someone in the hospital.
At Heart of the Matter our mission is: “to get your space in order so that you have time and energy to fulfill your purpose in life”. When we have our space in order and get rid of the extra clutter in our life, we have the time for what matters most. Being compassionate and kind to those around you is one of those life skills that is important and makes a difference in our world.
Hopefully these suggestions will give you some creative ideas of how to bless those around you. Donna and I would love to hear about your acts of kindness. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or Facebook or Instagram to share your story or new ideas. Until next time, “It is more blessed to give, than to receive”.
If you would benefit from some side by side help and encouragement then Heart of the Matter would love to be your success partners. Mention this blog and get 15% off your project!
If you’ve enjoyed this content, please consider forwarding it on to a friend or giving us a review on google. Caring is sharing, and we sincerely appreciate anytime you are able to share us with those you care about!
Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Youtube |